Causality Consulting offers practical philosophical consultation based on worldview naturalism, in particular the understanding that behavior, motivation and well-being are completely caused phenomena. Applying the principles of a naturalistic, science-based worldview to one's personal life can foster self-compassion and self-efficacy.
The approach taken here involves:
- Worldview exploration
- Self-perception evaluation
- Values and goals clarification
- Situational analysis
- Action planning
Objectives of consultation include:
- Cognitive reframing
- Self-compassion and acceptance
- Behavior change
- Effective self-management
- Emotional stability
See Worldview Cognitive Therapy for more information on how taking a naturalistic view of yourself might be of practical use. Being undeluded about human nature, although initially disconcerting for some, can contribute significantly to psychological and behavioral health.
Tom Clark, philosophical naturalist and consultant, is
- creator of Naturalism.Org and expert on worldview naturalism
- author of Encountering Naturalism: A Worldview and Its Uses
- a senior research associate at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, Brandeis University
- former host of the Philosophy Café @ Harvard Book Store in Cambridge, MA
- considerate, thoughtful, and straight-forward.
Email or phone Tom at 617-480-8846. Half hour introductory consultation at no charge; fees negotiable.